Sunday, February 27, 2011

Birthday Planning


Carter's Elephant Overalls and Tee Set
The outfit I want him to wear for his party

I have made a final decision on Silas's birthday theme.1st Wishes has this adorable set called Bunny by the Bay and since his birthday is a week before Easter, I am running with a springy, Eatery kind of party.  Wade worries that combining his birthday with the holiday theme that it is taking something from his party.  My take is that he won't know the difference this year and it is so cute.  Plus it will be easy to get a lot of cute party supplies because Easter stuff is already out at stores. 

I am thinking of doing an Easter egg hunt, having a planting station with soil, pots and seeds so that people can plant something and take it with them as a favor.  I am also throwing around the idea of having a scrapbook station.  I would get a lot of spring and birthday themed scrapbooking supplies and have everyone at the party make a page and sign so  that we could later add birthday pictures to them and then combine them in a scrapbook that would be created by all of his friends and family.  Once again Wade (Mr. Negativity) worries that people just wouldn't be into it but I figure that the day is for us and for Silas so people can force themselves to do something special that we would appreciate forever.  So those are the plans so far.

Bunnies By The Bay Foil Balloon
Bunny by the Bay



2 comments:

  1. Ah! I love the ideas!! Tell Wade that there's plenty of time to be boring lter on!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is such a cute and wonderful idea!!!

    ReplyDelete