Friday, March 18, 2011

Catch-All

I have been a negligent blogger lately but that is only because I have had the pleasure of doing some living and haven't had time to write about it.  Having a car all to myself has done wonders for my life.  It is amazing how much I love being able to do the simple things, like running to the grocery store, without it being a daylong commitment of driving Wade back and forth for work. 

Everything in our new house is going mostly smoothly.  We had to replace a window pane in our bedroom because apparently you shouldn't brace your hand right on the glass to push it up, especially if that glass is already cracked.  We also have ants out the wazoo and I have been trying the sprays and traps but I think we need  a professional to take care of them.

Silas has learned to walk but hates doing it so he only takes a few steps if we force him to.  He is really starting to make some buddies in our playgroup and so am I.  We even had a mom's night out a couple nights ago and met up for pedicures and conversation without the kiddos.  It was amazing because I have struggled with holding on to friends because not many people understand my lifestyle as a stay at home mom but these ladies share my life and understand it.  I loved talking to women who I had something in common with.  It's not just about the kids but the mentality of women who stay at home all day with their babies.  We all have a crazy kind of sense of humor.

I am super excited because if everything goes according to plan that I will get to watch my baby niece for the first few months when she is born.  Her momma will be with her for several weeks and then me until the 6 month mark and then her daddy full time.  Little Genevieve will know so much love and I can't wait to meet her.

Grandma is keeping my boy tonight so I plan on chilling with my sister (in-law in-law) tonight and watching movies and then sleeping late in the morning.  We are taking Silas to see some clowns at the library tomorrow.  Wade and I are terrified but hopefully the babe will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment