Sunday, March 6, 2011

Freedom

Those super patriotic folks to shout "freedom isn't free"...I suppose not, but I got mine for twelve hundred bucks and that ain't bad.  You remember that feeling the first time you climb into your car by yourself? Freshly licensed, you check your mirror, buckle your seatbelt and...proceed to test the limits of your factory speakers by blaring the music to a pounding level.  Even better, if the weather supported the rolling down of the window.  Well, I got to relive that feeling yesterday.  We paid for our '92 Corolla and I climbed in and turned up the radio.  I was alone in my own car and it was awesome.  I am not going to lie there was dancing and singing and perhaps attempts at rapping.  I know that the biggest benefit of having this 2nd vehicle will the fact that I can live my everyday life with more ease and participate in more child-friendly activities but in that moment it was all about the wind in my hair.

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you....even if you were rapping..you and Silas are gonna be so happy to go places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your birth story. It was very captivating! What an interesting read. Glad to see that your baby is doing great now. One year old, right?

    Anyway, I'm your newest follower from Bloggy Moms. Check out my blog sometime when you get a chance.

    DP
    Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, DP! He is getting close to one...April 17th. Until then I will suck up his monthliness and babyhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by from Bloggy Mom’s to say hello! I look forward to following your blog.
    http://www.ourbananamoments.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ourbananamoments
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete