Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Village

They say that it takes a village to raise a child and I am only just now subscribing to that theory.  When I was pregnant I just knew that it would be me and Wade and that was it but I realize that was unfair to Silas.  Why shouldn't he absorb all the love that he can get.  My village is comprised of more people that I even thought possible.  There are of course his grandparents and aunts and uncles but also our little playgroup has proven to uhaul in some new residents.  It is hard to put into words how great it has been to have an amazing group of mommies and babies for Silas and I to hang with.  It has driven the lonely days and baby blues away to have people to talk to that understand.  I love to watch Silas interact with the other babies and I know that this socialization will help him so much in the future.  So to my village, I thank you for making us complete.

Some of the villagers

No comments:

Post a Comment