Sunday, March 13, 2011

Photo shoot

So, I had really wanted to shell out hundreds of dollars to take Silas to an amazing portrait studio for his one year old pictures but I have a real problem spending that much dough on anything.  The more I thought about it the more I realized that I had a certain idea in mind when it came to the type of photos that I wanted and my super controlling personality always leads to disappointment when I get my pics back from professional studios.  I have also really gotten back into my love of photography and editing of those photos (I started using www.picnik.com and I love it).  All of these reasons lead me to convince myself that I would be the one to take his photos along with Daddy as the photo assistant.  We not only had a fun family outing to the park in the gorgeous weather but I also got some photos that I am in love with.  I have to say that it is also amazing for my confidence level to have done something (that isn't mothering or wifing) that I am really proud of.  I don't have professional aspirations surrounding photography but I just really love capturing the world, especially people, in the way that I see them.  It is all about the ever-important preservation of memories.  Anyway here are some of the shots that I love the most.

Yumm...cupcakey...
So proud of his Dino
My Balloon
Fire Hydrant
This one turns my insides to mush
Feet
Daddy took this one and I edited the crap out of it...I drool over sepia.  I want to have babies with Sepia.  Love.
Daddy assisting in the pant cuffing

4 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job with the photos!!! The face he is making with his Dino is priceless!! The outfit is utterly adorable! I can't believe how much he looks like a little boy instead of a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know...He is even walking now! I am so not ready for him to be so big! How was your trip with baby in tow?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. trip went well, grandparents spoiled him and we are back to our normal routine. Need to see some video of that big boy walking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos!!

    Like you I love photography! I prefer scenery (nature and old buildings) but I like taking them of people too! I wish I could get out more and do it...such a stress reliever!

    ReplyDelete