Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cry it out

People keep telling me to use the cry it out method to get Silas to sleep but I have been crying for months and he is still waking up!  Hah...not really (well, maybe kinda) but we have been working on putting him in his bed because it is getting a little ridiculous to have to rock my one year old to sleep for naps and night night.  He has done surprisingly well; he doesn't even cry every time.  When he does cry though I have to grip the arm of the couch to keep from running in to get him.  I hate to hear him sad.  I know in the long run that this will be best for all of us so I just have to get through the training part and it will get easier.  Right?

1 comment:

  1. Cry it out didn't work for us; I could never let Sean CIO completely. I made myself wait a few minutes and if he was still crying after that set time I would go try to comfort him. I think once we recognize that "magic" window of sleep things get easier. Good luck and he won't want you to rock him when he's a teenager so a little extra rocking now won't hurt. In the end you have to do what makes you and Silas most comfortable because not everything works for everybody!

    ReplyDelete