Saturday, September 3, 2011

Because it's 2 o'clock

It's 2 AM and I am up for the third night in a row because I am achy and my head hurts and I am coughing.  Also, because I am hungry and the me that is responsible and good didn't buy any sweets for the me that is awake in the middle of the night and crazing the best of the bad food.  I have been up to a lot but I don't feel like talking about any of it because I'm still not sure how I feel about it.  I will say that I have been living up to the promise that I make every year about having summertime adventures.  We have had multiple all day trips to the park.  We have hit Bollinger Mill, Jones Heritage Farm, the STL Zoo and the Science Center.  We turned our Carport in to a pretty decent patio and we have spent many evenings out there until we had to squint to see one another in the darkening space.  While I have loved our summertime adventures, I am ready for fall and its bonfires, Halloween candy, and warm apple cider and then winter with its frustrating bundling, possibility for snow and of course Christmas.  I am without a doubt one of those people that is never happy with the current season but I consider that a good thing because there is always something to look forward to.  There will always be another season on its way and an excuse to find new ways to celebrate everyday.  I thank God that I have my little boy to push me to strive to find an adventure at least most days.  I say it's for him that I do it but it's for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment